How do you become proficient in a game of Live Roulette if you don’t have a basic understanding of the bets you can place? While playing Roulette is quite easy, if you do not know what bets can be placed, you would find this “easy” casino game a difficult prospect indeed. Knowing the different types of bets available will also help you in making wise betting decisions and at the right time. Betting in Roulette is an essential strategy that can either make or mar your chances of winning.
Below are the different types of bets that you can place when you play a game of Live Roulette.
Inside Bets – Betting On Numbers In Live Roulette
The typical layout of a Roulette table comprises of numbers which start counting from 0 right up to 36. Whenever you place a bet on any of the numbers from 0 to 36, you are placing what is known as an “Inside Bet”. You should know that there are mainly seven different types of Inside Bets that you can place. In Live Roulette these Inside Bets comprise of;
- Straight Bet: Here you are placing a bet on a single number. Bets are placed once chips are dropped on the number written within a square box.
- Split Bet: In Live Roulette, a Split Bet is one that is placed on a couple of numbers which are adjacently positioned on the Roulette table layout. You conclude the placement of this bet by dropping your chips right on the line that links the square box of each of the two numbers.
- Street Bet: When you place a wager on three numbers appearing consecutively on a row, you are making a Street Bet. To complete this bet, you only need to place your chips on the outer side of the row on which the three numbers are located.
- Six Line Bet: Whenever you place a wager on a couple of adjacent lines, you are making a Six Line Bet. Just place your chosen chips on the outer side of the two lines.
- Corner or Square Bet: You can place a bet on four numbers at the same time. This type of bet is called a Corner Bet. To make this bet, just place your chips right by the corner of the four chosen numbers.
- Trio Bet: With the Trio Bet, you are placing a wager on three numbers at the same time. However, the three numbers will also include either a single zero (0) (for the European Roulette version) or the double zero (00) (in the American Roulette variant). Just place your chips on that line linking the two numbers with the zero squared boxes in order to place your bet.
- Basket Bet: To place a Basket Bet, you only need to bet on 0, 1, 2 and 3. You have to place your respective chips on that corner that is shared by the first line and the square box for the single zero (0) or double zero (00) as the case may be.
Whenever you place bets outside the number section, you are placing Outside Bets. Typically there are five basic Outside Bets in Live Roulette that include;
- Red/Black Bet: This is a bet placed on either the red or black colour of a winning number.
- Odd/Even: You can place a speculative bet on the landed winning number being either an odd or even (1 to 18 or 19 to 36) number. You can also bet on the winning number being less or higher than the number 19.
- Dozens Bet: Bets can also be placed on anyone out of three dozen available on the Live Roulette table layout.
- Column Bet: Players can place a bet that the winning number will emanate from any one of three columns. This is known as the Column Bet.
In some Live Roulette variants, you also have Snake Bet which is a bet that covers these red numbers (1, 5, 9, 12, 14, 16, 19, 23, 27, 30, 32 and 34) to form a snake shape.
Note that the numbers in this bet are also covered by a single chip. You could also have a Black Snake Bet which forms a snake shape with only the black numbers of (2, 6, 8, 10, 13, 17, 20, 24, 26, 28, 29, 31 and 35) covered. The numbers 17/20, as well as 26/209, are Split Bets, but every other number are Straight Bets.
- Call Bet: Call Bets are popular mainly on French and European Live Roulette tables. Here a player will call out or announce their bets rather than placing chips on the table layout. Two types of Call Bets include; Voisins du Zero which is French for “neighbours of zero”. This is a bet which covers those numbers that are at the closest proximity to a single zero (0) Roulette wheel. You also have a Jeu Zero Call Bet. Jeu Zero is translated as “zero game” and players are placing bets on those numbers that are closest to the single zero (0). These numbers consist of 0, 3, 12, 15, 26, 32 and 35.
There is also the Tiers du Cylindre or “thirds of the wheel” Call Bet which comprises of bets made on twelve numbers that are on the opposite side of the single zero (0) Roulette wheel. These numbers include; 27, 13, 36, 11, 30, 8, 23, 10, 5, 24, 16 and 33. You also have Neighbors Bet and Orphelins. Whichever bet you decide to place in Live Roulette, it all comes down to your full understanding of the nature of the bet. So make sure you are knowledgeable and bet smart.
SummaryName: Different Types Of Bets In Live Roulette
Author : Lily Johnson
Published Date: 17/04/2019